Location: Corpus Christi
Phone: (361) 880-5824
Fax: (361) 880-5844
Tonya Beane Webber
Tonya’s goal as an attorney is to help employers create a work environment that is profitable and manageable for the employer and beneficial to its employees. She does this by partnering with employers to create and implement policies and procedures which establish certainty in the workplace for both management and employees and by working closely with employers to educate managers and equip them to deal with the intricacies of the ever-challenging field of labor and employment law. The bottom line: build every company she represents into a solid and sought-after employer by working with owners, officers, and human resource specialists to develop the kind of consistency that encourages and retains employees and neutralize disputes that might otherwise develop into complaints or lawsuits. To do this, she draws upon more than 30 years of legal experience – coaching, advising, and defending employers in essential aspects of business and employment law.
Ms. Webber is a senior shareholder who works primarily from our Corpus Christi office and heads the firm’s Labor and Employment Law section. She represents employers throughout Texas, especially Austin, Houston, Laredo, and the Rio Grande Valley, as well as neighboring New Mexico and Louisiana. She is licensed in the United States District Courts, Southern and Western Districts of Texas, the United States District Courts, District of New Mexico, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and all the state courts of Texas.
After joining the firm in 1985, Ms. Webber practiced in both commercial and personal injury law litigation, which she has found to be the perfect bedrock for her employment law practice. She provides day-to-day operational advice, coaches management in hiring, disciplinary, and termination decisions, trains employees and management, creates and updates policy, procedure, and safety manuals, employment contracts, and arbitration agreements, and represents employers in administrative proceedings, arbitration, and the courtroom. Her practice includes all areas of employment law, including defending claimed violations of wage and hour, leave, and discrimination laws. Ms. Webber is also qualified to serve as an arbitrator, but limits that area of her practice to employer-employee disputes.
Ms. Webber has served as adjunct professor in Human Resources law at Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi and frequently speaks at employment law seminars on a wide range of topics. She is Board Certified – Labor & Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is a member of the State Bar College, the Texas Bar Association, Section on Labor and Employment Law, the Texas Bar Foundation, and the American Inns of Court. She holds membership in the Coastal Bend Society of Human Resource Management.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, she worked as a television anchor/investigative reporter for the ABC affiliate in her hometown of Little Rock, Arkansas. She graduated from the University of Arkansas with a Bachelor’s Degree in Radio, Television, and Film. While working full-time in broadcasting, she obtained her Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law. Ms. Webber is a Rotarian, has held office in local bar and civic groups, and is active in her church.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law — Juris Doctorate
- University of Arkansas — Bachelor of Arts, Radio, Television & Film
Admissions & Memberships
- Board Certified – Labor & Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section — Member
- Adjunct Professor, Texas A&M – Corpus Christi, College of Business
- Trained Mediator, Texas Tech School of Law (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas — Admitted
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas — Admitted
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico – Admitted
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit — Admitted
- State Bar College — Member
- Bar Association of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals – Member
- Texas Bar Foundation — Fellow
- Coastal Bend Society for Human Resource Management — Member
- American Inns of Court, Reynaldo G. Garza, Corpus Christi, Texas – Barrister
- Nueces and Hidalgo Counties Bar Associations – Member
Tonya Beane Webber is a Porter, Rogers, Dahlman & Gordon, P.C. shareholder and attorney focused on representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment law.