Location: Corpus Christi
Phone: (361) 880-5808
Fax: (361) 880-5808
Of-counsel attorney Terry Dahlman received his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the University of Texas School of Law in 1970 and then served in the Office of the Regional Counsel, Internal Revenue Service from 1971 until 1976 before joining our firm. His areas of practice includes tax law, federal estate taxation, and corporate law. He enjoys helping clients minimize their tax burdens by presenting all the possible scenarios and recommending a sound legal solution.
Mr. Dahlman served in the United States Air Force Reserve for 29 years and was a Reserve Judge Advocate for the last 23 of those years, retiring in 1993 as a Colonel. He and his wife Susan have a daughter and son, both of whom have graduated from Terry’s alma mater, Southern Methodist University. When he is not working at the firm, he likes to relax by playing golf and hunting.
- The University of Texas School of Law — J.D., 1970
- Southern Methodist University — B.B.A. in Finance
- Emory University — L.L.M. in Taxation
Admissions & Memberships
- Texas State Bar Association — Member, 1968 – Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas — Member
- U.S. Tax Court — Member, 1971 – Present
- U.S. Supreme Court — Member, 1976 – Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit — Member
- Tax Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization — Board Certified Attorney, 1987 – Present
- St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church — Vestry Person
- Rotary Club of Corpus Christi, Texas — Director, 2006 – 2007
- United States Air Force Reserve — (Ret) Judge Advocate, 1964 – 1993
- Pi Kappa Alpha — Member
- Delta Theta Phi — Member
Terry Dahlman is a Porter, Rogers, Dahlman & Gordon, P.C. of-counsel attorney primarily focused in the areas of taxation, estate planning, and business organization.