Location: Corpus Christi
Phone: (361) 880-5820
Fax: (361) 880-5844
Fredrick F. (Rick) Rogers Jr.
Rick Rogers, a lifelong resident of Corpus Christi, joined our firm in 1970 after two years as an Assistant District Attorney in Nueces County. He is very familiar with south Texas culture, which enables him to better understand the litigation and business environment in representing his clients’ interests.
He is committed to helping his clients receive the highest quality representation while taking into consideration the most efficient way to resolve the issues presented. His life experiences, including his relationship with his long time friend and golf teacher, Harvey Penick, provide him a unique insight to helping his clients.
Mr. Rogers is a senior shareholder in the firm and has a diverse practice involving litigation, transactional and business related matters. He is an experienced litigator in both the state and federal courts. His litigation experience includes a broad range of cases involving death, serious injury and property damage arising from tort, product liability, medical malpractice, and oil and gas related claims, commercial related torts, deceptive trade practice claims, professional liability and construction disputes.
Rick has also been active in representing numerous clients in the purchase and sale of businesses, and advising on real estate and construction related matters, as well as the general operations of the client’s business. He is AV-rated by his peers in Martindale-Hubbell which is the highest professional rating attainable among attorneys. His broad base of experience has enabled him to be an effective counselor in helping parties resolve disputes.
- Texas Tech University — B.B.A. in Finance, 1966
- Baylor University School of Law — L.L.B., 1968
Admissions & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas — Member, 1968 – Present
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas — Member, 1974 – Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas — Member, 1969 – Present
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas — Member, 1972 – Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit — Member, 1984 – Present
- U.S. Tax Court — Member
- U.S. Supreme Court — Member, 1981 – Present
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section — Member
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section — Member
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate Section — Member
- State Bar of Texas, Probate & Trust Law Section — Member
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel — Member, Past Director
- Corpus Christi Bar Association — Past Director
- Defense Research Institute — Member
- Church of the Good Shepherd Episcopal — Member
- American Inn of Courts, Master, Hon. Reynaldo, G.Garza Inn of Courts
- College of State Bar of Texas — Member
- Kappa Sigma — Member
- Phi Delta Phi — Member
Honors & Awards
- State Bar of Texas — Fellow
Classes & Seminars
- CLE Programs & Seminars — Speaker
- Voir Dire, Corpus Christi Advanced Civil Trial Law Seminar — Presenter, 1999
- Selective Issues in Commercial Litigation, TADC Commercial Litigation Seminar, Fort Worth, Texas — Presenter, 1999
- Construction Litigation and the Concept of Duty, TADC Fall Meeting — Presenter, 1999
- A Practical Guide to Understanding Oil Field Litigation from the Eyes of the Insurer, MidContinent Insurance Group, Houston, Texas — Presenter, 2000
- “Gushers” – Have You Done the Planning and Set Up the Right Structures? State Bar of Texas 30th Annual Advance Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Course, Houston, Texas — Presenter, 2012
Fredrick F. (Rick) Rogers Jr. is a Porter, Rogers, Dahlman & Gordon, P.C. shareholder and attorney primarily focused in the areas of defense litigation, construction law, oil and gas law, medical malpractice, products liability, torts, business organization and planning, estate planning, probate, and contracts.