Location: Corpus Christi
Phone: (361) 880-5822
Fax: (361) 880-5844
Cornelius M. Hayes III
Cornelius (Neil) Hayes knew as a young boy that he wanted to be a lawyer and his diverse practice keeps him enthused after all of these years. Apart from his title work and other oil and gas related matters, Mr. Hayes represents and participates in various religious groups. On the one hand, he says he is helping produce petroleum products that benefit our country. On the other hand, he is representing religious organizations which he believes also improve our society.
Mr. Hayes holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in English from the University of Texas and a Juris Doctorate Degree from Texas Tech University School of Law. He is licensed to practice in Texas, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and the United States District Court, Southern District of Texas. He is a member of the State Bar College and the AAPL, Corpus Christi, Houston, San Antonio and Permian Basin Associations of Professional Landmen.
Neil and his wife, Marcy, have four sons and attend the Corpus Christi Cathedral. He enjoys scouting, fishing, and hunting. He is active in the community by having sat on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee – Boy Scouts of America – Gulf Coast Council and sitting on the Board of Directors – Fullness of Truth Ministries; Finance Committee – Corpus Christi Cathedral and many other community organizations.
- Texas Tech University School of Law — J.D.
- University of Texas — B.A. in English
Admissions & Memberships
- Texas State Bar Association — Member, 1980 – Present
- North Dakota State Bar Association — Member, 2012 – Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas — Member, 1981 – Present
- Oklahoma State Bar Association — Member, 2014 – Present
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association — Member, 2015 – Present
- Oil, Gas and Mineral Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization — Board Certified Attorney, 1995 – Present
- Texas State Bar Association: Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section — Member, 1980 – Present
- North Dakota State Bar Association: Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section — Member, 2012 – Present
- Oklahoma State Bar Association: Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section — Member, 2014 – Present
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association: Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section — Member, 2015
- The Corpus Christi Bar Association: Natural Resources Law Section — Member, 1980 – Present
- The State Bar College — Member, 1996 – Present
- Corpus Christi Association of Professional Landmen (CCAPL) — Member, 1980 – Present
- American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL) — Member, 1990 – Present
- San Antonio Association of Professional Landmen (SAAPL) — Member, 1998 – Present
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen (HAPL) — Member, 2003 – Present
- Permian Basin Landman’s Association (PBLA) — Member, 2014 – Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Boy Scouts of America – Gulf Coast Council — Board of Directors & Executive Committee Member, 2005 – 2010
- Fullness of Truth Catholic Evangelization Ministries — Board of Directors Member, 2004 – Present
- Diocese of Corpus Christi — Stewardship Council Member, 2003 – 2006
- Corpus Christi Cathedral — Finance Council Member, 2003 – Present
Classes & Seminars
- Corpus Christi Association of Professional Landmen (CCAPL) — Recent Changes in Oil & Gas Law, 1998 & 2003
- Suemaur Exploration & Production LLC
- Newfield Exploration Company
- EP Energy – E&P Company, L.P. (Formerly El Paso Production Company)
- XTO Energy Inc.
- Statoil North American, Inc.
- Petro Harvester Oil & Gas, LLC
- ConocoPhillips Company
- Esenjay Petroleum Corporation
- Hilcorp Energy Company
- Virtex Petroleum Company, Inc.
- Frost National Bank
- American Bank, N.A.
Cornelius M. Hayes III is a Porter, Rogers, Dahlman & Gordon, P.C. attorney and shareholder focused on the practice areas of oil, gas, and mineral law as well as uranium law.