Location: Corpus Christi
Phone: (361) 880-5808
Fax: (361) 880-5844
Charles R. Porter Jr.
Charles R. Porter, Jr. has always believed the law “is the glue that holds society together.” Although retired, his patriarchal “glue” still unites and influences the firm. He received a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from the University of Texas in 1943, then served as a Lt. (j.g.) in the U.S. Navy in the Southwest Pacific before returning to the University’s law school. After receiving his Doctorate of Jurisprudence Degree, the Waco native moved to Corpus Christi to become an Assistant County, then Assistant District Attorney.
In 1952, he began a civil law practice and remained a trial lawyer until he retired 40 years later. He is a Fellow of the Texas and American Bar Foundations, a member of the International and Texas Association of Defense Counsel, and past President of the Corpus Christi Bar Association.
He and his wife, Alice, live in nearby Rockport where he boats, fishes, and golfs. He chaired the Board of First United Methodist Church, taught Sunday schools for 30 years, and served as a lay preacher. They have four children and nine grandchildren.
- University of Texas — B.A. in Business Administration
- University of Texas School of Law — J.D.
Admissions & Memberships
- Texas State Bar Association — Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel — Member
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel — Member
- Corpus Christi Bar Association — Past President
- First United Methodist Church — Chair, Board
- Corpus Christi Assistant District Attorney
Honors & Awards
- Texas Bar Foundation — Fellow
- American Bar Foundation — Fellow
Charles R. Porter Jr. is a retired of-counsel attorney with Porter, Rogers, Dahlman & Gordon, P.C.