Charles W. Gordon IV
In 1978, Charles W. Gordon, IV obtained his law degree from St. Mary’s University School of Law after graduating from the University of Texas in 1975 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Transactional, litigation, and title aspects of oil, gas, and mineral law compose his primary areas of practice.
He has been a frequent speaker and writer of legal articles concerning various aspects of the natural resources law, including extensive work in the Eagle Ford Shale play in South Texas. Mr. Gordon enjoys the confidence and trust his clients place in him by allowing him to play an integral role in the successful decision-making process of their high stakes business. He is a member of the American and Corpus Christi Associations of Professional Landmen.
Mr. Gordon and his wife, Laurie, are active members of First United Methodist Church, where he has served as the Lay Leader and chairs of the Administrative Board, Finance Committee, Pastor Parish Relations Committee and Director of the Christian Adventure Camp. They have three daughters together. Fishing, hunting, reading, and travel are his preferred leisure activities. He is a also the past president of the Corpus Christi Texas Exes.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law — J.D., 1978
- University of Texas — Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, 1975
Admissions & Memberships
- Texas State Bar Association — Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas — Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit — Member
- Oil, Gas & Mineral Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization — Board Certified Attorney
- Past Chair of the Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas — Member
- State Bar of Texas Pattern Jury Charge Committee — Member
- Corpus Christi Association of Professional Landmen — Member
- First United Methodist Church — Member
- Corpus Christi Texas Exes — Past President
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating — AV Rating
- State Bar of Texas — Fellow
- Super Lawyers — Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Super Lawyer
Charles W. Gordon IV is a Porter, Rogers, Dahlman & Gordon, P.C. Shareholder and attorney focused on oil and gas litigation, uranium, wind power, and alternative energy law, corporate and business law, real estate law, and water rights law.