R. Bryan Stone
R. Bryan Stone
Bryan has over thirty years of legal experience in real estate, finance, corporate, commercial transactions and construction law. Bryan represents buyers and sellers in all areas of real estate transactions, including contract negotiations and closings; title and due diligence review. Bryan's practice also focuses on condominium and master planned community development, formation, transition, operation and governance.
Bryan is also experienced in other community association issues such as attendance at board and owners meetings, document review and interpretation, document amendment, drafting or revising association policies, rules and regulations. Bryan also provides assistance with collection efforts including demand letters, assessment liens and foreclosures of such assessment liens.
Bryan also represents numerous financial institutions in preparing lending and secured transactional documents, loan workouts, mortgages and foreclosures.
As the former Chairman of the City of Corpus Christi Planning and Zoning Commission, Bryan represents numerous clients in land use and zoning.
Bryan also represents business owners in buying and selling of business' and business planning in entity formation and dissolution, including LLC's, partnership and shareholder agreements.
Areas of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Commercial Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1997
- Residential Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1997
- Farm & Ranch Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1997
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. cum laude - 1986
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 1980
- Major: Real Estate/ Finance
- Incorporating Your Business and Other Business Structuring Information, Del Mar Small Business Development, 2011
- Commercial Leases, Del Mar Small Business Development, 2011
Honors and Awards
- AV Rating Martindale - Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Buccaneer Commission - Commisioner, Board of Directors, Chairman of the Scholarship Committees
- City of Corpus Christi Planning and Zoning Commission, Former Chairman
- Leadership Corpus Christi - Graduate of Class XXII
- Corpus Christi Longhorn Foundation, Former President, 1998 - 2007
- Corpus Christi Deaf Counsel, Former Board Member
With offices in Corpus Christi, Austin, and San Antonio, the law firm of Porter, Rogers, Dahlman & Gordon, P.C., serves South Texas, Central Texas, and the Rio Grande Valley. We have many clients in Atascosa, Bastrop, Bexar, Brooks, Burnett, Cameron, Comal, Duval, Gillespie, Hays, Hidalgo, Jim Wells, Kendall, Live Oak, Nueces, Port Aransas, San Patricio, Starr, Travis, Uvalde, Webb, Williamson, and Wilson counties, including the communities of Alice, Brownsville, Del Rio, Edinburg, Fulton, Harlingen, Laredo, McAllen, Rockport, and San Diego.